Friday, October 28, 2011

kneading the dough!

Boy....I can see so much growth in all of my students!  Also, the classroom management is fantastic.  I had another teacher comment on how well behaved my students are.  Using the scoreboard, and all of the other WBT techniques, is like kneading the dough and the end result is going to be a beautiful loaf of golden bread! I have been in school for 12 weeks and I just introduced the practice cards.  There were some lit up faces, when my rule followers realized that they were not going to suffer for the other attention seekers.  I sent home the practice notes, for the disruptive students, and to my surprise their parents had them practice lots!!  One student practiced for 15 minutes and the other for 2 hours!  Yikes!!  He was an angel today!   I reminded my students that there will eventually be purple cards of praise going out.  It will accompany a letter stating how wonderful you are in class..They are so excited!  I said,"Who wants this letter starting off their weekend?"  All hands shot up so quickly, you would think that I was holding a nugget of gold! I plan on getting on those a little closer to Christmas.  This week went really well and my students are working really hard.  My goal this week is to try to maintain the energy after lunch.. Most of my students provide half a gesture and are very delayed in their response.  Energy is crucial, as this is the time I am teaching Social Studies and Science!!  Happy Halloween!


Heather Hansen
Wbt intern
2011/12

No comments:

Post a Comment