Sunday, November 20, 2011

WBT teaching with reflections on todays challenges

There are so many challenges for todays teachers, with respect to simply keeping the attention of our students.  Todays children are used to instant gratification.  So many, of my students, inform me that they are spending endless hours on the computer or their Xbox,DS, WII.  Social skills are at a decline.  This is why this constant engagement, with their peers, and practice of proper speaking skills is so important.  Traditional teaching is the last thing that a student needs to advance in the classroom. Modeling, modeling, modeling is crucial for our students.  I have seen so many students jump up and entire reading and math level because of the Super Speed Math, Reading, and oral writing!  I am so amazed by the growth, in many students, that have previously tested in the Far Below Basic bracket. I have never been so excited to get geared up for state testing.  I think that one thing I am really grateful for, is the fact that the day flies by, and instruction is so fun!  I have few discipline problems and a class of 30 students enjoying reading, writing, and math.  What more could I ask for?  


Heather Hansen
Wbt Intern
2011/12

1 comment:

  1. You are so right, Heather!!! Our students are faced with many challenges academically and socially! I love how WBT enables ALL students to participate and feel secure! You're doiing an awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete