Sunday, July 24, 2011

Compiling all the information for WBT:)

Things are really starting to come together now!  First, I reread the model classroom e-book. Then, I reread the writing game.  I have two more weeks until I start teaching. I'm planning on  re-adjusting my Language Art block to ensure I have enough time to play the writing game in the same hour.  I'm certain that my students are going to feel like they are in student heaven!    If you think about it, every bit of instruction is either working towards a game or is a game.  Not to mention,  the wonderful wealth of knowledge students are getting all at the same time!  I'm still contemplating how to organize the personal record stars.  As you probably already know, a students desk is often scary!  I think a simple folder will do.  The folder will be solely for  WBT records.  
          Another, thing that I am starting to re-organize is Third grade Science and Social Studies units. I'm  plugging them in WBT style.  Every year I begin with Science and then I alternate the subjects because there isn't enough hours in the day. We will begin with energy.  I plan on tying in the fact that you have  to have a lot of energy to successfully emulate WBT:)  

Giddy Up WBT!!
Heather Hansen
WBT Intern
2011/2012

  

 

1 comment:

  1. Working on getting a blog going... Enjoying reading about how you are getting started. I'm looking forward to getting our room keys on Monday and can't wait to get together and brainstorm!!

    ReplyDelete