Saturday, October 15, 2011

Week 11 and seeing great Changes!!

I have held out, as long as I possibly can, in regards to practice cards.  I think that it is the appropriate time because we have been in school for 11 weeks.   I will be implementing it on Monday and I have given fair warning!  One of my challenges, that so worried that he is going to get a note home next week!  I told him that he has complete control of himself and he chooses his destiny, in this regard.  I think I really got through to him. I believe this because at the end of the day, I had my students write me a little note on three things that hey would love to improve on.  Oh my...they were so random from educational to individual.  It was very appropriate.  For example, my students that are virtually perfect in the classroom chose AR goals, writing, and multiplication improvement. However, my challenges said Rule 2, Rule 5, and Rule 3!!  All on their own!  Amazing...I love that they are taking ownership. I plan putting them in their portfolios!  We are climbing mountains of positive behavior and constant engagement!!

Heather Hansen
Wbt Intern
2011/12

No comments:

Post a Comment