Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Super Improver, update, Wacky Star Fun Button, and Palmdale Hotflashers room

Today was another learning lesson.  I worked on giving each level a name, on my super improvers wall.  I decided to go with various species of snakes because we study the desert.  All of my students were beyond excited!  Also, I decided to wait to provide each student their stars.  I write myself a little reminder and while the students are at recess, I put up their stars.  So, I write a note to myself, students go to recess, they enter the classroom after recess, walk past the super improvers wall, and while staying in line, walk the "Perimeter" of the classroom.  While they are doing this they are rattling off the rules.  This was so exciting!!! Smiles, smiles, smiles!  I have decided to work on paying extremely close attention to who is really improving.  Coach brought to light a very good point.  Why am I putting my most ideal student up on the board and giving her tons of stars?  What is she improving on?  She's just being the wonderful role model, that any teacher flocks to.  Tomorrow my eyes will be peeled for more super improvers!!




BTW, I have attached my updated pictures of my SI Wall, My Wacky Fun Star button, and a first grade Palmdale Hotflashers Power Pic Walls:)

1 comment: