Saturday, September 24, 2011

Week 7 & Prove it!

Well..It was a very exciting week in room 24.  We had an awesome week practicing the game Prove It.  The kids absolutely love it!!  They can't get enough of it!  This is a game that gets every student involved and engaged with academic language.  I love how quickly it moves and the looks of excitement on everyones face is priceless. On Fridays, I have to do my assessments so, we can't play Prove it. There were so many grumbles in the class because students love answering the questions generated from the State tests.  Who would have ever guessed?  One student said, " I can't believe I'm saying this but I love school"  This statement is absolute music to my ears.   Another wonderful fact about this game, is that most students are engaged in academic language.  I hear because slappers and also adders going on.  As a matter of fact, they are oral writing the entire time they are proving their answers right or wrong on the white boards.  **I need to get the Wacky Fun Star up and running during Prove it!!***  I feel like my students and I can take the world by storm ,when we are so excitedly engaged, on one third grade standard!

Heather Hansen
Wbt Intern
2011/12

1 comment: