Saturday, September 3, 2011

Always watching.....for Super Improvers

Ok.. I have had an awakening this week.  I have a few very challenging students, who on a one on one basis do much better.  The problem is that there is literally no one on one time in the class environment.  I have worked diligently providing these students with Super Improvers stars for simply participating in gestures with their partner.  I am doing something that I would have never thought of this year!  I saw a glisten in the eye of a very obstinate student, when I provided a star for participation, without talking back.  You just have be very cognoscente and break down every positive behavior.  This has to be done no matter how small the deed.  For example, a simple hands and eyes, when you ask.  I know that the year is long, and still very new.  I feel very blessed to have knowledge of WBT.  It looks like I may be changing up the levels of the scoreboard for one student.  However, the rest of the students are plugging away making WBT History!!!

Heather Hansen
Wbt Intern
2011/12

No comments:

Post a Comment